Sunday, April 11, 2010

04 - VRC Interview 01: Malaquias Montoya



After working brute force though the final stretch I was able to put this together. It served a lot of goals in getting more skill and expertise in video creation.

Shooting the interview was technically the easiest part; meaning the a majority of the hassle came in the form of abstract, imagined fear. Thankfully, Connie (Executive Producer) and Rebecca (Interviewer) helped me get the equipment set up; Rebecca even helped me with the camera. Once the interview was done, I was able to reflect on what a wonderful team I was blessed with to guide me.

Now came the self-education part. I never truly realized how much work goes behind cleaning up an interview. So much structuring, editing and, depending on the subject, removal of the "um's" and "uh's". In the end I was able to cut it down to a sequence that would address the requirements.

The final and most adventurous part of this endevor was shooting B-Roll. I needed shots of students working in the studio, Professor Malaquias teaching and shots of San Antonio. For an entire week The HD Camera was mine and together we walked around the art building, we walked around San Antonio Down town (assisted by my lovely girlfriend, Jessica) and Professor Malaquias' Wednesday 8am class; all the while recording shots that would fit in with the video.

After popping in the B-Roll and fixing the errors, the video was posted the weekend before Spring Break. I felt accomplished and it's all thanks to the lovely people who supported me the entire way.

Next up... Interview with Ricky Armendariz!

No comments: